Skip to main content

Selamat Hari Raya 2015!

It's the time of the year again and this year, it's different because i'm in NS so i won't have much green packet collection as before. But nonetheless, it's an occasion to celebrate the end of Ramadhan and forgiving so there's nothing to be sad about. Plus, my allowance is more than enough. Not bragging, just ensuring others that i'm not sad. Really.

Anyway, i've finally graduated from SCS on the 25th June 2015 to become a 3rd Sergeant in the SAF. It's so much pride and happiness because i endured the first week of Ramadhan doing rehearsals and lessons. The rehearsals were no joke because it's serious, duh, and also because the weather was not forgiving at all. It was scorching hot and made our throats dry like it was draught season. So we the Muslims had to endure and persevere the hot weather and sun tanned ourselves until our skin was two-tone. Luckily i'm dark enough so the Sun was like, "i'll skip this one". Every evening when break-fast comes, we would all prepare minimally four cups of drink per person. That was how thirsty and how greedy we were. It was all free anyways. Thankfully the week just whizzed by and poof, we became men with ranks hehe! I was happy and delighted. Now, i can do whatever i want.

To extend my lucky charm, i was posted to Army Fitness Centre (AFC) in Pasir Laba Camp. So everyone posted there, including the higher ups have no clue whatsoever what this AFC does for a living. But speculations rose and many told us that we were doing 8-5 duty and bookout everyday kind of thing. So we went there and yes, indeed it was true. Immediately we underwent a two and a half weeks induction programme to up our fitness level and knowledge. I learnt that in AFC, the 3SG were usually put in the Physical Training Instructor (PTI) course. But the senior 3SG who were the batch one year before us informed that they were the last batch to become PTI. So lucky us, or not, my batch didn't have to go through the gruelling 8-week PTI course, which included something like combat swim, SOC and FBO fast march, back-to-back may i add. I've just completed the induction programme and my internal posting in AFC is to the Fitness Condition Centre (FCC) at Khatib Camp, one of the four FCCs which includes Kranji, Maju and Bedok camps. So the AFC is in-charge of our training schedule and the amount of PT we have, how the different exercised can be conducted and the types of sports or games that the Army can play. Currently, we're changing to Dragon Boat instead of the Army Half Marathon. But that's the job of my friends in the DB coaching team. I'm in the lepak FCC team who start work at 2pm and end at 10pm with Fridays off teehee!

I can't wait to start working. Kinda. Because it's new environment and i am free to do my stuff. The only downside is that i have to work on weekends. But who cares? I have Fridays off. 

I hope anyone reading this have a pleasant week ahead and have a blessed Hari Raya Aidilfitri!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

two is better than one.

it's 12th August, which means i am into the 12th day of fasting. how was is that! it felt like only yesterday that Ramadan started. THANK GOD! but 12th August also means 13 days to Prelims! and 70+ days to Os? damn. i really got to work my shit out and start revising. i bet the entire cohort says that but not working their butts, including me. where's our motivation?! teachers' are all getting stressed out instead of us. haiyo. i wonder what is happening to the Singaporean kids nowadays. cheyyy. uhm, k quick update. life = mundane. by right, i shouldn't be seeing this page often anymore. it's time to focus on the books and papers and TYS and booklets and answer sheets and what not. mati la like that. oh, and congrats to my beloved English teacher, Mrs Rupesh on the birth of a baby girl. we love you and please enjoy your maternity. ;)

Alhamdulillah, i am grateful for everything.

Wow. Five years since my last post. Well, a whole lot has changed in five years. I never knew what dreams are made of and i never knew what it was like to achieve your dreams. Through hard work and pure grit and determination, you can achieve your dream. There will be times where you think your goal is just out of reach or it will take you a longer time than originally hoped for but trust yourself to make small leaps of faith and many unimaginable things can be achieved. As a Muslim, i believe Allah is the best of planners and alhamdulillah, He is the best of planners. There were times i doubted myself about my life and what i wanted to do because the journey to achieve my dreams is taking longer than i had imagined. Five years ago i was still in the National Service serving in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) as a Third Sergeant taking NSmen for Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT) and conducting Remedial Training (RT) as well as IPPT Preparatory Training (IPT). In 2014, i had

A Lonely September.

I'm sittin' here all by myself just tryin' to think of something to do. Tryin' to think of something, anything just to keep me from thinking of you. But you know it's not working out 'cause you're all that's on my mind. One thought of you is all it takes to leave the rest of the world behind I'm sittin' here tryin' to convince myself. that you're not the one for me. But the more I think, the less I believe it and the more I want you here with me. You know the holidays are coming up I don't want to spend them alone.