Skip to main content

Progress makes us alive.

It's been ages since this blog had a new post. Time to dust it off.

Since the start of 2014, all that was on my mind was A level results. I enlisted in February but the results were in March. So i served my 9 weeks in BMT and collected my results while serving. It was quite a beautiful start to my 2014 because everything was just plain and smooth because school's out of the way. Then came the enlistment part where i had to part with my other half for 2 weeks at first, then 5 days every other week. To me, it was quite a breeze knowing that every night, i hear her voice i can sleep peacefully. There were ups and downs no doubt because of a little mistrust and misunderstanding that was surfaced. But we managed to get out of that tangle fine. 9 weeks just swooped past and all i know is i've graduated from BMT with all my section mates and platoon mates. But then the crucial A level results come into play. See, i didn't do that well for my As it probably couldn't get me into a university of my choice. I still tried my luck and just apply for a place in NUS and NTU with both in the Engineering faculty. I really hope i get it though the chances are slim. You never know your luck. All i can do now is pray hard. At the same time while waiting for the reply from the two universities, i applied to retake my As in my school again. So right after the Graduation Parade on Saturday, it was back to school on the following Monday. No rest and with my aches and blisters i limbered back to school with rusty knowledge and skills for the A levels. My subject combination was exactly the same but all the content was thrown away, well most of it at least. Because i never thought or never wanted to go back to school for a third year in a junior college but it seems like i had no choice now. I guess since i have the opportunity to retake my As, might as well do it better this time round. I must say, without the support of my family and her, it would be so painful to go through school again. But hey, tough times don't last, tough people do. That's my main takeaway from my life in BMT. And seeing and hearing all my section mates going to their next vocation in the NS life makes me feel a bit left out. I feel irrelevant to their conversation because all of them are high achievers who scored almost full marks for As (yeah crazy people, i know). But it goes to show that it can be done, and it has been done by other people whom i know personally and that getting what you want is not impossible. That is the drive and motivation that i have now to spur me on for the next few months before the actual As. It's an expectation that it difficult to deliver but i know i can do it. Like what she always says, "you can do it, sayang". :) She's my pillar of support and she's my main source of motivation. And everything i do, she's always in mind, keeping me sane and keeping me strong. That was how i got through BMT. I did all my activities with the end in mind that at the end of it, she's always waiting for me at the end of that phone call and text. She encouraged me to do my very best in my training and so i did. She is basically my everything i can think of. And things we do for each other or to each other, is always meaningful and captivating. The memories for the past 19 months (going 20) are much like a fairy tale that i've always dreamed of. She's beautiful, smart and the most kind hearted person i've ever met. So, she told me she's never been to KL before and as everyone is, i was shocked too. :P I brought her to our first holiday together to KL and the time we spent together was always enjoyable. I've never had so much fun and so much joy in me before. Because being together for the entire day made me feel like we're married, glued together for life, and that's something i want to experience with her. Though it was a short trip, i bet she could never forget her first visit to KL with a stranger she made her boyfriend. But it's all back to work now. Me in school, she's busy with her theater production and school. We're both busy now. But i always make it through the day and week knowing that the weekends are meant to be spent together. And that's how i always push myself. She really is my strength. We've done a load of things together. And there's a million more adventure to come. Just that we need time. Maybe after our As, we'll go on another holiday. I'd like that. ;)

We'll that's my life now. We're all just growing older as each day goes by. So why not make something useful out of each day. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. I love you, Nur Syairah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alhamdulillah, i am grateful for everything.

Wow. Five years since my last post. Well, a whole lot has changed in five years. I never knew what dreams are made of and i never knew what it was like to achieve your dreams. Through hard work and pure grit and determination, you can achieve your dream. There will be times where you think your goal is just out of reach or it will take you a longer time than originally hoped for but trust yourself to make small leaps of faith and many unimaginable things can be achieved. As a Muslim, i believe Allah is the best of planners and alhamdulillah, He is the best of planners. There were times i doubted myself about my life and what i wanted to do because the journey to achieve my dreams is taking longer than i had imagined. Five years ago i was still in the National Service serving in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) as a Third Sergeant taking NSmen for Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT) and conducting Remedial Training (RT) as well as IPPT Preparatory Training (IPT). In 2014, i had

two is better than one.

it's 12th August, which means i am into the 12th day of fasting. how was is that! it felt like only yesterday that Ramadan started. THANK GOD! but 12th August also means 13 days to Prelims! and 70+ days to Os? damn. i really got to work my shit out and start revising. i bet the entire cohort says that but not working their butts, including me. where's our motivation?! teachers' are all getting stressed out instead of us. haiyo. i wonder what is happening to the Singaporean kids nowadays. cheyyy. uhm, k quick update. life = mundane. by right, i shouldn't be seeing this page often anymore. it's time to focus on the books and papers and TYS and booklets and answer sheets and what not. mati la like that. oh, and congrats to my beloved English teacher, Mrs Rupesh on the birth of a baby girl. we love you and please enjoy your maternity. ;)

A Lonely September.

I'm sittin' here all by myself just tryin' to think of something to do. Tryin' to think of something, anything just to keep me from thinking of you. But you know it's not working out 'cause you're all that's on my mind. One thought of you is all it takes to leave the rest of the world behind I'm sittin' here tryin' to convince myself. that you're not the one for me. But the more I think, the less I believe it and the more I want you here with me. You know the holidays are coming up I don't want to spend them alone.